Sunday, June 28, 2015

The "bieg" picture

I'll be honest, I struggled to come up with a name for this blog. I have a little to share about farming, a little to share about food, a little to share about family (or a lot), a little to share about special needs/disabilities and probably many, many other "little" bits of something to share. So all those little things add up to our "bieg" picture! The "bieg" coming from our last name, Biegler. (Pronounced big-ler. Clever, huh??) I've thought about a blog for many years now, but just never had a ton of spare time on my hands! Not that I have any more free time now, but decided this is now the time to make it happen. I'm looking forward to learning something new and sharing about all our adventures and endeavors along the way!


My husband, Bryan, and I live in southwest Minnesota. Just outside of Lake Wilson to be exact. We have been married almost 8 years and have 3 children. Alaina is 6, Aubrey is 5 and Wesley is 3. They keep life interesting to say the least. On top of our family, we farm. We are fortunate to be able to farm Bryan's family farm, along with ground we rent, where we raise corn and soybeans.

The farmer and our 3 kidlets. :)

I was born and raised on my family's farm in north central Iowa. I enjoy my family, cooking and baking, running, and many various activities in the community.

We love farming, we love each other, we love adventure (maybe me more than my husband ;)), and we love sharing life with others! Hope you enjoy what we share, learn something you may not have known along the way about food and farming, and most importantly, hope we can make you smile lots! Thanks for being patient with the site too - I have LOTS to learn, so there may be lots of changes as we go! Thanks for joining us! I'll finish with a few pics of the kidlets with their dad yesterday in our corn field. Things look beautiful right now - we are blessed. Thanks for joining us!!

Daddy and Aubrey

Daddy and Alaina

Daddy and Wesley



4 comments:

  1. Good for you Lauren! Love hearing your stories about the kids. You are very good at explaining farming practices, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice article, anxious for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Libby sent me to this today! Damn Facebook for hiding it from me. ;)

    xo // kate j
    www.hellokatej.com

    ReplyDelete